In the spirit of fall, I got another “fall festivity” blog coming your way! If you live in California, especially Northern California, odds are-you have heard about “Apple Hill”. This is a place with several farms in Placerville, California that has many delicious treats and fun family activities to do. I’ve been coming here since I was a little girl and it has blown up into this crazy popular attraction during the fall season. I recommend coming here in mid-November. Halloween, pumpkin season, and the opening season of Apple Hill has passed, so it is not nearly as busy here like it is during October. I’m telling you, if you were to come here on a weekend in October, expect to wait in a line for hours just to get parking. But if you can go doing the week, just do that to avoid the weekend crowds.
What to do:
So what is Apple Hill? Obviously there’s apple farms, but Apple Hill also consists of tree farms, pumpkin patches, corn mazes, wineries and so much more. Many people find it boring, basic, cliché, but I love going here for the atmosphere. When I moved to Southern California, the one thing I missed about Northern California was fall and how beautiful it is here during this season. The leaves changing colors, fresh crisp air, and comfortable 60 degree weather… ugh I just love it! Apple Hill is somewhere that consists of all of those things in addition to yummy treats.
- High Hill Ranch: This is the first farm in Apple Hill and the main attraction. Truthfully, I typically only go to this farm, stay a couple hours, and then leave. It has all I want and need! I’m not a fan of traffic or crowds, so driving around to different ranches doesn’t personally peak my interest. Once I’m out, I’m out!
- Fudge Factory: This is located at High Hill Ranch and I just LOVE. If you have a sweet tooth like me, I 10/10 recommend going to the Fudge Factory. Not only do they have delicious fudge, but chocolate, caramel apples, ice cream, candy, and more!
- Vendors: Another main attraction at High Hill Ranch are the vendors. People who create personal crafts, come here and sell their own creative work. I try to buy things from the vendors if there’s something I actually want (and worth the money) because sometimes things can be pricy. Support small businesses ya know? They also have delicious apple wine, apple cider, pie, you name it. People come here just for their apple donuts and beer.
- Wineries: They have several wineries throughout “Apple Hill” that are just so fun and beautiful! I’m not a big drinker, but this is just a fun fall activity to do with friends.
- SO MANY FARMS: Click this link to see all of there different farms here.
- Treats Galore: I mean they have many different pies (not just apple), turnovers, caramel apples, donuts, caramel corn, and so much more.
- Fishing: At the first farm, High Hill Ranch, there is a giant pond in the center where people fish with their kids. I’ve never done it, but families seem to enjoy it!
- Time Out Resort & Day Spa: This is something that I have never done before, but it seems so cute! They offer massages, facials, treatments, rejuvenations, and more.
- Christmas Tree Farm: The Christmas trees are overpriced here, but if you can afford it, this is a pretty place to come with many trees to offer.
- Corn Maze
- Hay Ride
- Pumpkin Patch