Famously known as the Grand Canyon state, today’s blog is going to be covering the state capital of Phoenix, Arizona. As you may or may not know, my sister and I both went to Arizona State University, so Arizona is a state that I have grown to become fairly familiar with. At first I was going to write about the prime city of Scottsdale, but since I’ve written about Tempe already, I figured that maybe this time I should cover Phoenix first. Believe it or not, there are actually a lot of things to do in Phoenix. So in this blog, I’m going to be writing about what are the best things to do in Phoenix (and other surrounding areas).
What to do?
- Grand Canyon National Park: Okay, not technically in Phoenix at all… but I HAD to mention this at some point in one of my Arizona blogs, so here we are. I’m kicking myself for even writing this down because I have never been to the Grand Canyon. It is one of the most, if not the most iconic place to visit within Arizona. The Grand Canyon is located about 3 and a half hours from Phoenix, so even though it is a far drive from Phoenix, I HIGHLY recommend putting forth the effort and go here. It’s the Grand Canyon. Be better than me and go there. The distance will be worth it.
- Go to a the Footprint Center: Home to the Phoenix Suns NBA team, you can come here to catch a basketball game or a great concert. I love arenas because I simply just love events.
- ATV/UTV Desert Tours: It’s the desert. There is SO much adventure to explore here!! If you’re into motorsports like my family and I then you’re in luck because there are many different outdoor tours to enjoy in Phoenix.
- Hot Air Balloon: Another thing that I have never done, but would be a very incredible experience. I know some people think that the desert can be boring, however, I believe that the desert has it’s own unique charm that I find to be beautiful. Being in a hot air balloon is probably an incredible view that would make this experience worth it.
- Go to a Diamondbacks Game: For all you baseball lovers, go to a Diamondbacks game! Baseball is a big deal here, known for it’s spring training, that even you could go watch. I’ve said it many times before and I’ll say it again, I am not a baseball fan, but I love going to baseball games. It’s just fun to get out and be in the fun atmosphere with friends.
- Desert Botanical Garden: Every time I write a blog, I always conduct further research to make sure my information is correct and that I’m bringing the best suggestions to whoever is reading this. With that being said, during my research, this Desert Botanical Garden is on every tourism website that you can find on Phoenix… so it is clearly a big hit.
- Camelback Mountain: One thing about Phoenix is that there are many hiking trails to check out and this happens to be one of them. In addition to this location, there are also the Piestewa Park, Hole in the Park, Dobbins Lookout, and the Echo Canyon Trail to name some.
- Go to a Cardinals Game: Again not technically located in Phoenix… this is actually located in Glendale, however, if I’m gonna mention the other professional sports here, I definitely had to list Arizona’s NFL team. It’s only a 30 minute drive from Phoenix!
- South Mountain Park: Another hiking spot for those athletic people out there. Just keep in mind, it is the desert so be careful and be mindful of the times that you go hiking.
- Castles ‘N Coasters: Yes there is an amusement park here. It may not be massive, but regardless, you can have some fun and experience some rides!
- Go to a Coyotes Game: Yet another professional sports team that I am adding to this list. People go hard for the hockey team here, so naturally, I had to include it in this blog!
- Phoenix Zoo: As always, animal activists please don’t come for me. But for those of you who enjoy learning about animals or have children, there is a zoo here.
- Museums: I mean there are sooo many museums here, it kind of surprised me too. Here is a list of some, the Musical Instrument Museum, Heard Museum, Wrigley Museum, Phoenix Art Museum, Rosson House Museum, and even more!