Happy 4th of July weekend! Let’s not forget why we celebrate this weekend… thank you to all of those who have served our country and Happy Independence Day! Back to this week’s blog, I am writing about Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. I’ve said it before, and I will say it again, I love the country of Mexico. It is beautiful and there is so much culture and history here. Puerto Vallarta is slightly different than the most common touristy destinations like Cabo San Lucas and Cancun (which I still love), but I like that this spot is different. The first time I ever had true-authentic Mexican food was in downtown Puerto Vallarta. Anyways, during this blog I am going to discuss some of the fun activities all you fellow tourists can enjoy here in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico.
What to do?
- Bahia de Banderas: This is a must-see destination during your visit to Puerto Vallarta. The bay is known for having fun boating tours such as sailing, museums, and snorkeling.
- Islas Marietas National Park: An incredible National Park that is apart of the UNESCO biosphere reserve. People are not allowed to hunt or fish here, however, you can visit the island and participate in harmless-beach and water activities like stand-up paddle boarding, kayaking, surfing, and snorkeling.
- Private Beaches: There are many beautiful private beaches and bays that tourists can explore… some are only accessible by boats. Las Caletas and Los Muertos Beach are just a couple of beautiful beaches to explore.
- Malecon: This destination is a seaside promenade that consists of several blocks of shopping and delicious dining.
- Rancho El Charro: This is such a cool experience to get out in nature and explore the local mountains. Guests get to enjoy horseback riding tours throughout the mountains and river.
- Sea Safari: This isn’t your average boat tour, during this specific boat tour, tourists can explore the fishing villages that are located south coast of the bay. On this journey you will experience the cutest little villages and unique watering holes.
- Swim with Wild Dolphins: Unlike the typical dolphin-swimming adventures where they are captivated, this is an opportunity that tourists get to swim with wild-free dolphins in the ocean. If you’re worried about safety, the guides are biologists who work and study daily with these beautiful creatures.
- Motorsports Adventures: Like any blog, I am going to feature the motorsports excursions that can be found in various destinations. Pictured above, is an ATV tour that my family and I did where we got to explore the downtown streets of Puerto Vallarta, all while going up the hills into nature, and swim in natural water holes.
- Food Tours: Something that I found to be pretty cool about Puerto Vallarta is that they offer various food tours which I haven’t noticed to be very common among other cities in Mexico. This is a great way to get involved with the local culture within Puerto Vallarta.
- Ziplining: Yet another super fun activity to do outdoors in nature. Like most of these activities that I have listed, there are multiple ziplining tours to choose from.
- Whale Watching: If you’re in Mexico at the right time of year, I feel like whale watching is a classic experience to do here. Thankfully, I have happened to see whales many time in Mexico just coincidentally. But if you want to make sure you see some whales, book a tour!
- Boating: Other than the Sea Safari that I listed above, there are many other boat tours to book her in Puerto Vallarta from yachts to sailing and much more.
- Snorkeling: For those of you looking to explore the water and see some beautiful fish, there is plenty of snorkeling excursions to choose from here.
- Go Downtown: This is the place to come for amazing sight-seeing experiences, learn about history, enjoy nightlife, shopping, and delicious dining.