Better late than never right? I know, it’s the last few hours of the past week, but school got the best of me! On Monday, I started new classes and am now in my final few months of college at ASU… so surreal, but also nerve-racking because so far, I am not enjoy these new classes and the work load is A LOT *hence why this blog is being written on Sunday night*. Instagram also decided to weirdly block my account so I couldn’t post anything about last week’s blog until this week! So here I am making up for lost time. Anyways, back to the actual blog. This week I am going to be discussing the beautiful Lake/Mount Shasta. Located way up North in California, this place is a nature enthusiasts dream. I’ve been here on a few family trips throughout my life and I just love it!
What to do?
- Rent a House Boat: I couldn’t wait to write about this. Renting a houseboat is easily A MUST to do here in Lake Shasta. Yes, it’s pricy. But if you get a large enough group to go with you, it’s worth the price. Whether you’re with family or friends, I 100% recommend.
- Waterfalls: The waterfalls here are incredible and another must-see for yourself. Enjoy a beautiful day in nature and hike to one of these beautiful spots.
- Explore Caves: The Lake Shasta Caverns are something that I unfortunately have never done before but looks like an incredible experience. If you find yourself in the Mount Shasta area, this has gotta be one of your stops.
- National and State Parks: No surprise that Mt. Shasta has incredible National and State Parks to explore. If you’re looking for a beautiful, clean escape in nature… check it out!
- River Rafting: This is a thrilling experience that is exciting, somewhat frightening, but an awesome activity to do. If you’re an adventure enthusiast, this activity is for you!
- Boating: I grew up boating. Watersports are just MY THING. I love them and easily some of the best memories of my entire childhood. Therefore, I may be a little biased about some of these water activities, however, I highly recommend boating here if you can.
- Camping: Lake Shasta truly is a great place to go camping. It’s beautiful, there is so much to do, and not as crowded as some other common camping spots.
- Off-Road Vehicles: If you’re like my family and into dirtbiking, riding ATVs, Can-Am Razors, and quads… there’s even a spot for you here at Mt. Shasta!
- Kayaking and Paddleboarding: You can either rent kayaks and paddleboards here at Lake Shasta or if you own some yourself, this is a beautiful place to bring them.
- Hiking: I’m not an avid hiker, too intense of hikes are not for me. However, I do love a beautiful scenery and being out in nature… thankfully, there are so many hiking trails for people of all intensity levels. (The lake and waterfalls make it well worth it)
- Fishing: For you fishing people, you can enjoy fishing in the lake or the river here in Mt. Shasta. This is another fun activity that I grew up doing while on a camping trip.
- Mt. Shasta Board & Ski Park: During the winter there are even activities to do here as well. For those snowskiers and snowboarders out there, you gotta try out Mt. Shasta!
- Snowmobiling: This is something I have never done before but am itching to do!! Riding a snowmobile is a good alternative snow-activity for those of you who don’t ski or snowboard. If you don’t know by now, I love motorsports so this is right up my alley.
- Sledding: I mean you really can’t go wrong with sledding. This is a great activity for people of all ages and it’s ALWAYS fun.