We’re mixing it up this week and writing about an amusement park for the first time… Great America Amusement Park. If I’m going to be completely honest, I looked down at this amusement park because I hold my standards high with Disney, Universal, and the SoCal Six Flags. However, Great America is way more fun than from what I remember as a kid. In 2016, I went to Great America with my dad before we attended a motocross race at the Levi’s Stadium and it was such a good time. The rollercoasters are fun, the lines are short, and this amusement park is much more affordable compared to it’s competitors. Something that sets this Great America location apart is the fact that it really is right next door to the Levi Stadium… like you can walk back and fourth from each place to each other. The Levi Stadium is home to a football team (that should not be named here) but holds many events such as motocross races, concerts, and more. I think if you’re looking for a fun-full day in Santa Clara, California (post-covid of course), doing what my dad and I did is an awesome idea. You can go to Great America during the day with your family, friends, significant other, whoever… and then attend a live event that evening. It’s a win-win!
- Rollercoasters: Believe it or not, the Great America Amusement Park in California has 51 rides… I didn’t even realize they had many! As a plus, 9 of those rides being rollercoasters and 5 other rides being “thrill rides”. So if you’re someone like me who loves rollercoaster and all the crazy rides, you have 14 of them to choose from! I don’t know about you guys, but every time I go to an amusement park, I’m lucky if I can hit 14 rides in one day because of lines, food, etc.
- Family Rides: For those of you with little ones or who just aren’t into the big wild rides, Great America has 14 “family rides” and 15 “kid rides”. My mom is the perfect of example of someone who can’t do big rollercoasters (she gets sick) so Great America really does have something to offer everyone!
- Waterpark: Something that’s really cool about this amusement park is the fact that they own a waterpark in addition to everything else. Their waterpark is called “South Bay Shores” and it consists of 10 attractions, cabanas, food, and more! I said it once, and I’ll say it again… Great America is affordable too! Imagine that. Something fun and affordable to do in California!! Crazy right?!
- Events: Great America really pulls out all of the stops to entertain their visitors. They hold live events that have bands, acrobatics, dancers, and silly children shows that will get your kids thrilled. When I go to amusement park, I’m personally there for the wild rides but I know everybody has their own preferences… so if these shows are your thing, check it out!
- Food: Truth be told, Great America has 22 restaurants for you to choose from. Again, something else that I didn’t realize they had this much to offer. They have chain restaurants like Panda Express, Subway, Starbucks, and Auntie Anne’s. Aside from that, they have all food types to choose from, and even a sports bar for the adults! One more bonus about the food options at Great America… they have dietary options for those of you who have specific diet needs.